Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Oops…a case of mistaken identity.



I find grocery shopping at the weekend to be a very frustrating affair.

It is total mayhem, mainly because it has become a family affair. The whole of Brampton is at Walmart, and this includes, parents, grandparents, kids in strollers, 3-year-olds running around screaming - the works!

As if that isn’t enough, then you have rude and inconsiderate shoppers who randomly block the aisles with their overloaded trolleys, while they browse for items on the shelf.

Many times I have to leave my trolley in a corner, out of everyone’s way and zig-zag through the aisle to pick up what I want.

Last weekend was no different, except that when I came back to my trolley again, after filling it up with a few canned tins of beans and corn, I didn’t see the box of salad leaves that I had put in earlier. Wait, where was the chicken tray? Had I intended to pick it up but didn’t? Was I losing my mind?

Oh no! I was filling up someone else’s cart!!

I looked around, rather embarrassed by what was really an honest mistake of wheeling around a cart that wasn’t even mine! I had no clue as to where exactly I had picked it from, so I silently apologised to what must have been a frustrated shopper somewhere and left it on a side. I picked up the few items in my hands and went looking around for my cart.

It took a while before I could figure out where I had left it and thankfully, it was still there, looking a little lost and lonely, outside the aisle that stocks cookies and snacks. But of course, where else!

I grabbed and hung onto it for dear life till I paid for my groceries and walked with the cart to my car.

To the frustrated shopper who was looking for his/her cart….sorry,  but I hope you found it by the bakery section.

No comments:

Post a Comment