Friday, July 25, 2014

Youngsters these days…



I am far from old fashioned, I have learnt to accept change and move with the times, but some of the styles that young people walk around in, leaves me speechless!

What’s so stylish about wearing pants that are seemingly going to drop any second, just to display your colorful boxer shorts?  Yes, I realize It’s none of my business what you wear, but seriously, that’s your idea of a cool fashion statement? Give me a break!

As for some of the young girls these days who wear such revealing clothes, leaving nothing to the imagination, is modesty not a part of your vocabulary? Believe me you can still be fashionable and modest at the same time.

If this is your way of seeking attention you will undoubtedly get it, but really, do you enjoy being ogled at? Who knows the crazy thoughts in those minds that see you strutting your stuff, so to speak? If you are going to walk around half naked, God forbid, if someone attacks you, then you only have yourself to blame.

When it comes to hairstyles, what’s the deal with walking around with a headful of red, blue and even green hair?  For crying out loud, you are not a peacock!

As for make-up, your beauty lies in your youth, alas you fail to see it. Save the make up for later, if you feel the need to cover up blemishes, laugh lines, wrinkles, from which there is no escape; for now let your youthful looks glow naturally.

Have you seen youngsters with their cell phones? It is like a life line they would be lost without; they text, fast and furious, wherever they are, while crossing the road, waiting for the bus, anywhere and everywhere.

Text messaging is now ‘in’ and the art of conversation has for the most part, died a painful death! I have come across groups of young people ‘hanging out’ together for coffee or a meal and yet everyone is on their cell phone, messaging or talking to other people. They might as well ‘hang out’ with their phones, within the walls of their own homes!

Apart from the crazy fashion statements and lifestyle which was non-existent when I was their age, youngsters have a lot going for them.

In all fairness, when I think of the youngsters that I know, I am struck by their confidence, their sense of responsibility; they know what they want out of life and are ambitious enough to take risks, to prove themselves and achieve their goals.

I love their vibrant spirit and the way they juggle quite effectively between “work hard and play hard”. On the flipside, others I know simply choose to go with the flow, take one day at a time or have a ‘don’t care attitude’. All in all, they are caring, wonderful human beings.


End of the day, it is their life and how they choose to live it is a choice they will make and have to live with.

 I just wish they would make better choices with their dress sense and overall appearance.

No comments:

Post a Comment