Saturday, July 30, 2011

I asked God....

My path is rough, scattered with rugged stones
My life is filled with pain
Like a weary traveller, on an endless road
Will I ever smile again?
Blinded by tears, can barely carry on
I continue to stumble and fall
Mirage after mirage is all I see
Don’t understand at all.

My shattered dreams strewn just like broken glass
Glisten, so lifelessly in the sun
Like my heart that has lost its beat
Everything has just gone wrong.
No courage, no faith, no will to survive
I can’t go on, anymore
The struggle is too hard to take
I need to find the shore.

Devoid of hope I fell on my knees
The dam within burst and I cried
Tears for what I had wanted but lost
Felt a part of me had died
Until He blessed me with Grace and said
No one said Life would be easy
It takes Faith to face the tide
Remember my child you are not alone
I am always by your side.


He gave me Hope and with courage renewed
I could stand tall once more
Feeling so blessed beyond compare
The sky beckoned me to soar
No more fears to haunt me
No more tears was I going to cry
I had been given a second chance
And I was ready to fly.

No comments:

Post a Comment