Tuesday, June 14, 2011

I have a dream

If I had a choice, I would love to stay home, sit in my backyard soaking in the sun, sipping a glass of iced tea and tap away on my laptop as I work on the best seller that I plan to write.

It is a dream I often dwell on, positive in the knowledge that it is a matter of time before it becomes a reality.

Most people I know have a dream, whether it is to start their own business, pursue a passion, travel around the world and a hundred different things.

Needless to say, in my case, it is a long way coming and I really need to put a plan in place to ensure that I write at least a page a day, despite my busy routine.

Meanwhile it is a dream that makes me happy, it’s the silver lining on cloudy days and the perfect diversion I need, when it all gets too much to handle.

For those of us who have a dream that we are really passionate about, all I can say is, hold on no matter what and don’t let the dream die.

Life without a dream is staid, like a canvass with no painting, a garden without flowers.

So don’t stop dreaming, no matter how impossible the dream may seem. Remember, you are not the writer of your destiny – so keep the faith, believe, knowing that anything is possible, just have the courage to dream.

In the words of Gail Devers: “Keep your dreams alive. Understand to achieve anything requires faith and belief in yourself, vision, hard work, determination and dedication. Remember all things are possible for those who believe.”

2 comments: