Thursday, June 2, 2011

Reality Strikes

Only in dreams can I
Lose myself completely
Only in my dreams
Nothing is impossible
They are colourful
Like a rainbow
Strewn across the sky
Breathtakingly beautiful
Filling my life
With endless joy


Until dawn lazily stretches out
Its arms to another day
The sun rises in welcome
While the moon fades away.
Without warning then
Those wonderful dreams
Are lost, snatched away
Opening my eyes
To the reality
Of yet another day.

"Don’t take my dreams, I am afraid
Cos dreams are all I have"
But then Hope softly said
"Take my hand"
Faith smiled, "don’t stop believing"
Courage added, "I am with you"
And a new dawn arose
A shining Horizon beckoned
With promise
And I wasn’t afraid anymore.

2 comments:

  1. this is incredible meena! i read it many times over. It struck a chord somewhere deep down. So true; we forget all these lifelines are there for us and we keep looking for that one illusionist face somewhere on the horizon.Kudos to you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Anupam for such positive feedback. You are right, we forget these so called lifelines..that is why we need a nudge now and then!

    ReplyDelete